Thursday, May 10, 2012

McNaughton Collection: Featured Book


Perhaps everyone has heard of Murphy’s Law. I think that maybe I am “Murphy’s Daughter.” Don’t get me wrong – I love my Daddy. He’s been a big part of my adult life. However, oftentimes his negativity, well, frankly, “wears me out!” I think it is easier for him to see the glass half-empty rather than half-full. When I think of the most peaceful, joyful people I know, it dawns on me that they tend to dwell on the positive. Maybe the “good life” we are all seeking begins with a positive attitude.

In 2007, Michael Gates Gill published his heartwarming memoir entitled How Starbucks Saved My Life. His most recent book How to Save Your Own Life was written as a reply to the overwhelming response Gill received from his first book. In How to Save Your Own Life, featured in the McNaughton Collection, Gill shares 15 lessons in finding hope in unexpected places. His lessons explain how to find true happiness at any age and at any stage in life. Gill’s words encouraged me to listen to my own heart, look at others with respect, be willing to ask for help, laugh more, and enjoy life for the wonderful adventure that it is meant to be.

Simone, Guest Blogger

Connect With Us